Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chicken Fajita Meal Part 1 & 2



I made this meal last night..well the family helped, it was my birthday meal. I know you are thinking, "You made your OWN birthday meal?" Actually I love to cook and am in my element when in the kitchen, so I really didn't mind!

Back to the topic at hand...This meal, including the chicken, veggies, tortillas, rice, black beans, homemade salsa and the tortilla chips cost about $11. Normally I wouldn't spend this much on ONE meal. But this made so much food that I was able to put all of the left overs; which included the left over fajita meat and veggies, rice and extra chicken into the crock pot with a can of tomato juice, crushed tomatoes, can of black beans, cumin and garlic powder and make taco soup for tonight. I am also making mexican corn bread with creamed corn in it to server along with the soup. So, for two meals....not too bad if I must say so myself! Oh...and my husband took a plate of fajita meat, rice and black beans with him to work for lunch!

No comments: